Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Rules

So I just received the following message from a friend:
"would you make out with a girl with a lip ring if you were past the age of 22?"

The answer of course, is: how hot is she?

The real answer is, probably. I'm not so much of a Svengali that I have the willingness or ability to introduce preemptory challenges beyond: Is she pretty? And will I be facing any legal proceedings? Regarding that last question, I think it's a pretty safe bet that if you have to consult an attorney before sleeping with a girl, you probably shouldn't sleep with her.

Now that I've reached the ripe old age of 25, many friends and I have been discussing the age limits of potential partners. Is it 21, which would legally allow them to accompany you to a bar? Is it 18, which would legally allow them to accompany you to a strip club or keno parlor? Or, are you from the Jerry Lee Lewis/Elvis Presley/R. Kelly school where you are not really too concerned with the what would legally allow anyone to do anything?

I think the real problem for men my age is that women are getting hotter at a younger age. I will not elaborate any further, because I don't want to get busted like Pete Townshend or Mr. Rooney from Ferris Bueller, but sufficed to say, men in their early to mid 20's are having a hard time drawing a line between appropriate territory and Roman Polonski territory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home