Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's Madness

I love the NCAA tournament. There is a no better three week period for a sports fan than March Madness, culminating in a weekend in April featuring the Final Four, championship game, opening weekend of baseball season, and the final games of the NBA season. I live for these three weeks.

And I have no idea who I'm picking in the tournament. I do horribly ever year, except in 2003 when I picked Kansas over Syracuse and placed third. Had Kansas won that game, I would have won $500. Thanks a lot, Kirk Hinrich.

This year, I'm even more clueless than normal, because I haven't watched enough games not featuring Duke and Uconn to get a good picture of the whole field. I'm slacking severely as a sports fan. There are three highly ranked teams, however, that I know are bad picks to go into the far rounds.

3) Villanova - Jay Wright is too greasy to lead a team to a championship. That is all.

2) Memphis - As a Nets fan, it's nice to see Coach Cal with a number one seed, but their schedule was pretty weak. Let's hope that Darius Washington doesn't pull another Nick Anderson.

1) Gonzaga - I picked them to go to the eights every year between '99 and '03, but despite the presence of Unfrozen Caveman Small forward Adam Morrison, the fact that they play no defense might pose a problem for them.

I hate to say it, but I think if they can deal with defensive pressure and Paulus, Dockery, and Nelson can penetrate, Duke wins. Unless teams are able to double Redick on man to man or go box and one, these games shouldn't be close.

1 Comments:

Blogger EDS said...

Beware of the Jayhawks baby... after last year's loss to Bucknell... this team has some games to win...

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home