Thursday, August 24, 2006

You are exactly the same as you used to be

Sometimes when I take stock of myself and my life, I often feel optimistic about how far I've come. From the nerdly high school freshman to the funny and well liked high school senior. From the nerdly college freshman to the funny and well liked college senior. From the overconfident yet insecure recent graduate to the overconfident yet insecure not so recent graduate.

So, I've made a lot of steps forward in my life since I became an "adult". I'm funnier, I'm better with people, I'm better with women (although not lately) and I believe I'm less arrogant. Although probably not that much less arrogant. So it's with all those things in mind that I had this 36 hour period Tuesday and Wednesday:

Tuesday - 8:10 AM: Fall, for absolutely no reason, off the curb in front of the Porter Square Star Market, slicing up my knee and ripping a hole in my favorite pair of pants.

Wednesday -- 6:10 PM: Get into fight with Filene's Basement changing room woman after forgetting my clothing number thing in the fitting room, which, by the way, has no individual stalls. No need for dignity in the Basement.

Wednesday -- 11:00PM: Get off the T and into my apartment and discover that my pants (just recently moved up to my favorite pair after Tuesday's debacle) are completely covered in soot, tar, and another unidentifiable material from the escalator.

So, no matter how high I reach, how high I climb, how well I seemingly do, I'm still the same klutz who broke his ankle Senior year of high school slipping on a wet bathroom floor.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... this is Michelle of "could I use your truck to move?" fame... or "why is your dog so freaking crazy?" fame. I could go on. Love the blog (Ari introduced me to it)... sorry about all the pants. Better luck next time.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home