Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bill Frist, Senator or God?

This post has been poached from other sources, but a story like this comes around once a decade. Senate Majority Leader and former heart surgeon Bill Frist occasionally lends his skill to the local Washington area zoos, an excellent nugget that was chronicled in the Washington Post.

There are some great quotes that give a glimpse into the amazingly frightening ego that is Bill Frist, but my favorite came from his wife, as the two discussed how he decided to be a heart surgeon:

"Well, your first patient was a dog," Karyn said. In medical school, Frist cut out a dog's heart and held it in his palm. It continued to beat for a slippery minute.

"Watching it beat, the beauty of it," Frist recalled. "I decided I would spend my life centered around the heart."

"And you didn't say 'I'll take some time off and be a politician' while you were holding the dog heart," Karyn said.

There are plenty of Republicans running for President in 2008, but none make me more uncomfortable than Bill Frist. He has created a whole other level of uncomfortability in me, actually; a feeling that I have never had about anyone in my entire life. President Bush probably believes that he is the messiah, but Bill Frist thinks he's one step up on that totem pole.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home