Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Very Special Sunday News Roundup

- First, in Republican talking point news:



Who doesn't have $90,000 in their freezer? I mean, then you know where it is, right?

I'm wondering how long until Sean Hannity starts saying: "This shows the corruption in Washington involves both parties." There are bad apples in every bunch, and Louisiana just happens to house a lot of them, but this is one guy (and that dem from West Virginia) vs. an entire culture of corruption on the other side, so let's hope that's the talking points the Democratic talking heads use this week.

As an aside, I had the great fortune to meet Congressman Jefferson in New Hampshire during the Democratic primaries, and I will sign an affidavit that he did not attempt to solicit a bribe from me.

- Barry Bonds hit his 714th and continually meaningless home run this weekend, and apparently Red Sox pitcher David Wells is not impressed. Hey! I don't care. In equally as interesting news, I am also not impressed.

- The Davinci Code premiered this weekend, and I had a nice run in with some Catholic protestors as I passed by the Loews Boston Common. They were carrying rosary beads, placards, and giant crucifixes (crucifixum?), and chanting various prayers. It's still just a movie and a poorly written book, right? Did I miss something? I don't think I noticed these moralists protesting at the factual inaccuracies in the Passion of the Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home