Monday, May 12, 2008

Terror firma

As this a humor (ahem) blog, I rarely venture away from the funny/moderately funny into the serious. This week, however three things happened in the world which shifted my focus away from both the real world me running a half marathon, but also my attempting to provide levity to an otherwise mundane work day of mine and my 10 readers.

It's hard to envision 1,000,000 deaths, which is an outside prediction in Myanmar. A country of just over 42,000,000 million, that would be the equivalent of just over 7,000,000 American deaths. Total disaster, coupled with a government's hesitance to both respond effectively and accept help, has made it worse.

Today, a 7.9 earthquake hit China and nearly 10,000 people have died.

The third thing was going to be a joke about Jimmy Fallon being named Conan Obrien's replacement but I feel sick so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home