Saturday, August 09, 2008

On Edwards


In 2006, following a long (and drunk) conversation with a friend of the blog, I wrote what I would describe as an extremely long-winded and narcissistic treatise on my love-hate relationship with Bill Clinton.

Luckily for me, Clinton's behavior during the primaries fully shifted me into the hate-hate category, so I no longer had to use critical thinking to analyze why his affair had bothered me so much! So, that was nice.

Edwards' affair, on the other hand, didn't have the same effect on me because he was never my candidate, I never loved him, and quite frankly I never really thought about him even when he was running for President. So, personally, I wasn't that affected.

Objectively, though, it's disgusting. His wife was diagnosed with a cancer that will kill her, he runs for President (again!) with two young children and then he cheats on her, with, apparently, America's version of Camilla Parker Bowles. Seriously, look at the side by side.


Just terrible. Edwards attributed the affair to narcissism and a growing sense that he could do anything that he wanted, which is just about the most believable justification for an affair that I've ever heard, aside from "But it's Angelina Jolie", so here's to John Edwards, the most logical cheater this side of Brad Pitt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Carbone said...

what, no Gene Hackman reference?

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home