Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hey, jealousy

Iraq is slouching towards Antietam, Bush selling our ports to the Arabs, but.... hey, somebody won the lottery!!!!!


That's right, CNN et al showed the press conference of a clearly overwhelmed group of 8 meat processing plant employees who won the $365 million Powerball. They also won some oversized checks. In other news, I found a dime underneath my car seat. I'm thinking about investing it.

Lottery winners always seem so unassuming right after they win, talking very modestly about finally buying that boat or paying off their mortgage. These guys were the perfect example of this, including one guy, who is now my personal hero: "Oh, I'm going to buy an island, I'm going to buy an airplane. Reality: Umm, gee, not a fan of flying, don't really like water. I have no idea what I'm going to do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home