Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Musings

- Military researchers have apparently been reading too many comic books. I have previously commented on the wonderful plan to implant neural sensors in sharks, but now we're talking about creating mutant humans, which while it would make a fantastic television show for the Fox network, seems just icky to me.

- The sales rep at Boston Sports Club spent 20 minutes telling me why I should join his gym, and used himself as an example as he described his workout routine. Did I mention he was about 260 and had an enormous gut? He also had an Andre 3000 style afro, and while that didn't dissuade me from joining the gym, it was very entertaining.

- I'm about 3 twists away from giving up on 24. Of course, I'm not serious; Jack Bauer could somehow end up as President and then turn out to be an evil agent and I would still be anxiously awaiting the next week's episode. But at what point do you start to wonder if the writers know they're writing a television series as opposed to just individual scenes or episodes? These guys are constantly forced to explain away inconsistencies, logical flaws, and simply unbelievable plot holes. I guess they're like the real government.

- Presiedent Bush's approval rating is at 32%. To put that in perspective, that is half of what President Clinton's approval rating was when he left office, following his impeachment and a truly embarrassing sex scandal with a girl he met on JDATE. So I think Bush's path to success is clear: he needs a series of surprisingly satisfying blow jobs from Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home