Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Like bookends

My vagabond lifestyle over the last several years has meant a lot of things; no apartment, a bursting-at-the-seams suitcase, a very odd sense of home, but most unfortunately, a loss of friends. I have learned very difficultly that a self insulated lifestyle means friends travel in and out of my life very quickly, and it takes a whole hell of a lot more than a phone call every couple of months to maintain that friendship. Sure, there are some friends out there whose lives you can drop in and out of, but there are others who need and deserve attention, and affection, and effort. And when you neglect them, well, you lose them. Over the next several months, some of these friendships will be refreshed, mostly in joyous occasions. My excitement is limitless.

Stay tuned tomorrow for something funny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home