Monday, June 05, 2006

Musings

- I don't like the Mavericks, but the one good thing with their victory over the Suns is that I won't be bombarded with stories about the "special friendship" between Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash, how they "ate dinner together" every night during the playoffs, how they constantly used to play "1 on 1" together when they were teammates, and about that summer they subletted an apartment on Castro Street. Thank God that's over. On the other hand, we will now be subjected to melodramatic close ups of Dirk's face during the national anthem, which may be worse.

- Speaking of gay marriage, President Bush this week decried activist judges, and once again urged a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman I guess his pander to the religious conservatives alarm went off. Bush also suggested constitutional amendments banning interracial marriage (sorry Condi), women owning property (sorry Condi again), and women voting (sorry Hillary). Damn activist judges.

- My apartment hunt continues. Here are the highlights:

One apartment was boiling hot. I started sweating immediately after I entered.
"So, does it get hot in the summer?
"No, it's pretty much like this all the time."

One apartment had arabic writing everywhere. Not sure what to make of that.

One apartment had food and garbage piled up in the kitchen, and not a small amount. It
smelled like a transfer station. The guy goes: "Well, we usually clean once a month."

Everything seemed good in the last apartment despite no door to the bedroom when I
asked the obvious question:
"Where's the bathroom?"
"Oh, yeah. That's the big negative. We use this key," he led me into the hallway (outside of the apartment) to a gas station style bathroom which smelled, coincidentally, like a gas
station bathroom. Yeah, that's a big negative.

- I know this one is old, but please don't call Target "Tar-jay".

- And finally, I start work today. My first real job in three years. I am so excited. And also frightened, but mostly excited. I wonder if they have a shower in the office?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home