Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mama said there'd be days like this

After the first two hours of 24 on Sunday night, which I watched with a group of people, there was some discussion about how unbelievable the show was – literally, not figuratively in that, “Holy smokes, this mojito is unbelievable” way, but in the “every thing Tony Snow says is unbelievable” way.

For sure, the show remains exciting, exhilarating, exasperating, and some other words I would throw in if had a dictionary open to e’s, but the first two hours seemed so beyond the pale, so unbelievable, much like most of the last season.

So what happens? How’s this for reality: They nuke Los Angeles and Jack Bauer shoots his former partner in the neck, killing him, to save a former terrorist. And I fuckin ate it up. I loved it. My mouth was agape, literally, not figuratively. So I feel like I should stop complaining about realism and believability as long as there is a glimmer of possibility, as long as I’m being entertained.

Some musings, as I attempt to regain creativity….

- Per the above paragraphs, I’d like to officially announce the winner of the Tony Almeida/Curtis Manning/Jack Bauer bad ass motherfucker-off, which I first discussed during last season. And the winner is…. Jack Bauer! Hands down winner.

- I have started a new blog, where I will post slightly pretentious photos that I have taken with my flashy new digital camera. It can be found here. If anyone would like to purchase any of the photos you see on the blog, send an email to daveisdreaming@notachanceinhell.yeahright.

- Barack Obama joined the Presidential fray yesterday, which is great because it will be great to have a Democratic candidate who has a soul, a brain, and a personality. Here’s an easily readable matrix to keep track:



Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a long setup for a Vilsack punchline, my friend. :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger quint said...

really? i thought the rest of that was funnier. yay, excel!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Keith Carbone said...

kucinich is a funny name. That and you gave him too much credit as a human being. He is useless.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home