Friday, February 29, 2008

The breach


That's right, it happened. The proverbial gloves have off. The Democratic primary race went from confusing, to annoying, to whittled down, to nasty, to cordial, and now to Rovian. First, Hillary Clinton's campaign sends out a photo of Barack Obama dressing up in Kenya, and now, she runs an ad that pretty well straddles the line between offensive, ironic, and stupid.

I'll link to the ad here, but I won't embed it; not out of disgust in it, because I haven't taken the time to learn how to embed videos in blogger. I will break the ad down for you: If you vote for Barack Obama, your children will have trouble sleeping.

Hillary has reached full on desparation mode -- she's relatively sweet to Barack in the debates and then hits him personally, on tv, through the mail, and with this stupid Kenyan smear campaign. Meanwhile Harold Ickes and Mark Penn are in a bulldog/snake sleazeoff, she's bleeding superdelegates, the media has written her off totally again. I love it.

That being said, she has set expectation so low for herself for Tuesday's elections, if she is somehow able to win Texas and Ohio, will she be able to effectively claim momentum? Or rather, ho-mentum? Or would she fall victim to Barack Obama and his bro-mentum?

I apologize for that previous paragraph.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santana Sucks in Spring Debut:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/wires/02/29/2010.ap.bbo.spring.training.rdp.1st.ld.writethru.1295/index.html

Acquired in a blockbuster trade this offseason, Santana gave up a three-run homer to Juan Gonzalez in the first inning of his first start with the Mets on Friday. The St. Louis Cardinals went on to beat New York 5-4 in Port St. Lucie, Fla.

"There are a lot of adjustments I've got to make. It's going to take some time, but I'm sure I'll be terrible by mid-season,'' Santana said.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how he will adjust to his torn labrum... and the clubhouse attendants pushing 'roids? Odds are he'll hit the booze and the chinese food and end up looking like Bobby Bonilla or Vin Baker.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Keith Carbone said...

The Mets may win a game here or there but just so long as you know that when you enjoy their victory it is I who is giving you the pleasure. You my property.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home