Monday, March 24, 2008

"We already have a George"


"I have my resume in my pocket if you'd like to take a look..."

I know that I'm a few days late to the show on this, but Bill Richardson threw his (significant) weight behind Barack Obama's presidential campaign. Personally, I forgot we were in the middle of a presidential campaign so this was a nice reminder. But the endorsement by El Gobernador Gordo (con una barba) was not just a slap in the face to Hillary and Bill Clinton, who made Bill Richardson who he is with high level appointments, but has finally provided me an explanation of what is happening to our country.

I've been digesting Bill Richardson's quasi-beard since he first busted it out after dropping out of the race in January. It's unsettling. It's almost like a mullet beard, business on the sides, party up front. For some reason, I've never found the time to comment on it on this space. But the confluence of events of last week have given me an opportunity.

A bearded Bill Richardson has endorsed a black man for President and snubbed a Clinton.

We have entered the Bizarro World.


It all makes sense now. A black man leading the presidential field? Bill Clinton muzzled in a corner? Hillary claiming she has foreign policy experience? John McCain winning the Republican nomination? Mike Huckabee? Chuck Norris?

We're in the bizarro world. We're on Htrae. We're at Reggie's Diner, with Feldman and Gene and Kevin. And Fargus. We're getting castigated for eating olives. We're riding unicycles. We're going to the bolshoi. We're reading books for pleasure. We're nice to people.

Up is down. Left is right. Black is white. Latino is... bearded.

Hello?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home