Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ricky... what? Ricky, your majesty

I left work early on Friday and I was a bit out of it, so I missed New York Governor and notable adulterer David Paterson making the biggest news story of the month: pardonning rapper and creator of one of the greatest albums ever made, The Art of Storytelling, Slick Rick (AKA Rick the Ruler).

"La di da di, we like to.... get pardoned"

I came to being a fan of Slick Rick after his incarceration in the 1990's and immediately following the release of the aforementioned The Art of Storytelling, which is equal parts lyrical, beat-driven, and extremely offensive, which is my kind of hip hop. The best example on the album is called "Adults Only", in which Rick sings the monumental lyric, "ain't no way to put it subtle, when I want the butthole"

Rick had been in limbo because of an attempted murder case in the early 90's as well as some immigration issues. I for one am excited that the Governor finally agreed to undo this great injustice, which will inevitably lead to Rick recording the line, "I don't mean to be a hassle, I just want to fuck your asshole"*

*Sorry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home