Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Open letter to Aaron Karo

Dear Aaron Karo:

I thought I had rid myself of your overreaching, seldomly funny, self referential, arrogant, exaggerative, nuanced "Ruminations on College Life" which in 2003 I think you renamed "Ruminations on desperately squeezing everything I can out of my 15 minutes while my website can still get me laid by Jewish girls who went to camp with my fraternity brothers", but apparently not.


Front page of Boston.com? Really? Who cancelled?

I don't care about the triplets. I don't care about your apartment in Los Angeles, or how you can't get a good breakfast sandwich in California. I don't care about how much more awkward the walk of shame is when you're 26 then when you're in college. Enough.

The only thing I really care about is why, despite unsubscribing from your website several times, I continue to get unfunny updates every three weeks about your college tours or the big TV show that you have in the works or that you're about to appear on VH1's "I haven't been famous since 1999".

One other thing. You're a dude. Enough with the glamour shots on your website, all right? Unless you're modeling for Heeb magazine, I think you've crossed the Rubicon into full fledged narcissism.

Finally, the one thing I like is how you end each column with a reference from the beginning of the column and "Fuck me." Exactly, fuck you.


Sincerely,
The entire Moderately Effed family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home