Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Musings

- Apparently, not only are Americans fat and lazy and generally poor at academics, but they also have never looked at a map. 66% of Americans between 18 and 24 can't find Iraq, and 33% can't find find Louisiana. I guess that's ok because President Bush couldn't either. Rimshot!

- The UN Security Council has drafted a resolution demanding Iran halt their puruit of nuclear weapons. That worked so well with Iraq; this can't miss! Not surprisingly, Russia and China are hestitating getting on board because they would suffer from potential economic sanctions. And because they're the ones who have been giving Iran nuclear weapons technology. Let's hope this all works out.

- I love the honor system that supermarkets have embraced with the self checkout aisle. Each time I go I know that I'll be saving at least a couple of dollars by lowballing how many apples I'm buying. Take that, Shaws! That will teach you to place even a modicum of trust in human beings.

- Oh, Sopranos actors, how far you have fallen. This week alone, Tony's bodyguard Perry and pussyrific Chef friend Artie were both arrested, for breaking and entering and assault and drunk driving, respectively. And throw in previous arrests for AJ, Big Pussy, and that kid who played the radio operator in Crimson Tide. Just when you thought you knew these guys. Personally, I was more upset by Bobby Bacala's appearances on Spike TV, any interview with Lorraine Bracco, and Jamie Lynn Sigler's marriage.

- Sense of humor still gone. Somebody help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home