Thursday, June 22, 2006

An open letter to the woman who wouldn't let me off the train yesterday morning

Dear woman who wouldn't let me off the train yesterday morning,

Clearly, you are more important than me, as I am in my 20's and couldn't possibly have any place to be. No, I wear my tie simply for kicks and I was not on my way to work at 8:45 yesterday morning. I'm sure that's why there was a look of contempt on your face when I attempted to move you and your ass out of my way.

(Note: stock photo. A real Boston subway would not have that many minorities)

So to clarify -- a subway car is not a taxi. It does not stop and start only when you want it to. It is a transportation device designed to carry many people to various stops along a specific route. It is not a place for you to admire yourself in the flattering light of a subway door window, which by the way, is not flattering at all.

Best,
Dave.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home