Monday, June 12, 2006

World Cup Fever!!! Well, maybe World Cup slight temperature


All right, I may have stolen the above picture from a certain self loathing gay muckraking internet journalist whom I won't name (Matt Drudge), but it's comedic photos like this that only come around once every couple of years. Or every time President Bush has a public appearance.

I have previously railed against Americans who are way too in to international soccer, and I am still very suspicious of them, but the World Cup brings about a certain national pride in me, as I watch the USA valiantly try and then get defeated; kind of like the international electronics and car sales markets. I don't know what it is, but this year I'm going to be really paying attention and rooting on the red, white, and blue. Maybe it's because I'm in a World Cup pool at work and I have the US as one of my picks. Ole...Ole Ole Ole!

I also have Ecuador as my other pick. I know nothing about Ecuador except for its intersection with the Equator. But after their victory over Poland on Friday, you bet I'll be paying attention. I've got $200 bucks riding on this!

In terms of the other teams, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gets fed up with the performance of his team and decides to names himself captain and lines up as a striker. Here's a preview:


Wow, how embarrassing it must be for the Iranians to have a President who dresses up in ridiculous costumes to rally national pride and flex nuts:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home