Wednesday, June 14, 2006

But you got needs

I purchased a new cell phone today at the Verizon store in Cambridge, which meant that I had to negotiate through the teenyboppers that hang out at the Cambridgeside (Ghettoside) Galleria. Passing one particularly unattractive group, I noticed a shirt on one of the "ladies" that read: No money, no car, no chance!


The shirt was even less impressive than that; I think the bedazzler was used in its creation. There were definitely rhinestones.

Anyway, at that point, I only had $13 on me. And I sold my car a couple of months ago. So I dejectedly walked away, my tail between my legs. Maybe one day I will rise to the standards of an unattractive 15 year old girl dangling over the balcony in front of Hickory Farms. Perchance to dream.

Gold Digger by Kanye West is a fantastic song, and that's not only because of the hysterical lyrics, great beat, and Ray Charles sampling, but more importantly because women like that exist out there. That boggles my mind. What year is this? What women are looking to men to be their white financial knight? How exactly can you look at yourself on your way out to Third Avenue when your entire night's goal is to get your drinks bought for you and to possibly meet an investment banker with low self esteem from Great Neck?

Who's teaching these girls that shirts likethis , ironic or not, are appropriate? Is it their mothers, who most likely got knocked up by the gas station attendant down the road and are begging that the same future doesn't befall their daughters? Here's some advice: buy her a book and a computer instead of humiliating clothing. That way, she'll learn something and then attract an actually upstanding man, instead of one who drives a pimped out Subaru Impreza and hangs out at the food court. Either that, or she'll get a good education at a good college and get a good job. Whichever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blogg there :p
My Name is Johan And I'm 14 years old and I'm from Sweden.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn i didn't know you co-wrote with bill cosby. bitter dude. -j. holubovich

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eat the pudding

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home