Wednesday, December 06, 2006

People staring, they know you've been broken

"No thanks, I'll wait for the movie."

Not a great week for the President or the "Bush Doctrine". Mustachioed Walrus and UN Ambassador John Bolton resigned, Secretary of Defense nominee Robert Gates admitted we weren't winning the War in Iraq, George HW Bush broke down and cried while praising his other son, the Iraq Study Group released its report, and "How I Met Your Mother" was a repeat.

Bush family confidant evil James Baker led the commission, so maybe the President thought this would be the entire text of the report:

"You're doing a great job. Keep on doing what you're doing. How's Laura and the twins? Yeah? They are a handful at this age, you know, trying to figure out what they want to do... I did watch that Cowboys game on Sunday. I don't think Vanderjagt would have made that kick. No, I haven't seen Borat yet! I know, everyone tells me its hilarious, I have to see it, blah blah blah... I just haven't gotten around to it. Well, I've been busy."

At any rate, the report was not nearly as friendly as Bush and his good time buddies would have liked, and fell short of setting a timetable for withdrawal but did suggest all US troops should be gone by the beginning of 2008, and closed the report by saying: "Foreign policy is doomed to failure -- as is any action in Iraq -- if not supported by broad, sustained consensus." Bush responded, "Yeah, right!" and then invaded Lee Hamilton's house.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home