Wednesday, November 22, 2006

More gone than Freeman


Happy Thanksgiving (To my 12 readers!)

I will be away until Monday like everyone else, unless something funny happens to me on my way home, in which I'll case I'll make sure to update this space.

Today President Bush will pardon a Thanksgiving turkey, and two weeks after his party was given a thumpin', a senior aide was beaten in Hawaii, and his non-drunk daughter was mugged (and her Secret Service agents beaten) in Argentina, one can only postulate that the turkey pardon is some grand attempt at appeasing the spiritual forces above. Maybe if he allows this one fowl to live, God will return order to the universe and make 90% of the American people agree with him again. Maybe if he pardons one animal, it will make up for the 150 people he didn't pardon and were executed when he was Governor of Texas. Maybe if he shows sympathy to this turkey, his detractors worldwide will finally understand his good will and course to democracy and freedom.

My guess? He pardons the turkey, but attaches a signing statement to the pardon and then eats the turkey.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Macaca. I think it's time to dust off our mouse-pads and get that Richards for President Website we've always talked about up-and-running.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are being insensitive. Are you really Jeff Beukeboom's brother?? That's so cool. Can you get him to sign my stick?

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how dare he!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home