Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ghost like Swayze?

Normally I would have spent today writing about Hillary's "comeback", McCain getting endorsed by what might as well been a leper, and Obama losing his touch, but because I spent half of the day congratulating myself for my predictions on yesterday's elections and the other half of the despondent over yesterday's results, my attention was diverted. To Pat Swayze.


Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer. At first report, he had 5 weeks to live, which would not be nearly enough time for him to film a sequel to my favorite movie of all time, Red Dawn. I suppose a sequel wouldn't work anyway because his character died at the end. What about my second favorite movie of all time, Ghost? No. Well then he woudn't have enough time to make a sequel to my third favorite movie of all time, Road House. Wait, they made a sequel to Road House, starring the guy from Herman's Head? I'm even more despondent now.

Swayze was kind of a ham, especially in Red Dawn and in Ghost, where the only person who could have overacted him was an epileptic, but he was awesome, especially in the SNL Chippendale's sketch that I mentioned three years ago on this blog -- that and Road House alone should put him in the Hall of Fame.

Thankfully the prognosis is a bit better -- Pat Swayze does indeed have cancer but it doesn't appear to be terminal. Which is great because then he'll be able to star in the sequel to my fourth favorite movie of all time, Point Break. Fuck he dies in that one too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No! We don't no for sure if he dies at the end of point break!! He just disappears into the surf! I think as a plot twist for PBII, Alex Winter plays a washed up FBI detective who has to track down Bohdi, who wears a Cheney mask...

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home