Friday, April 11, 2008

So I can, so I can

Actually being busy at work has made this blog suffer dearly. This week, for example, I am arriving very late to the show on what just might be the most absurd story Moderately Effed has other covered, with the exception of Larry Craig, Mark Foley, the Walocaust, the Holocaust, Chuck Norris, and Dick Cheney shooting a man in the face.

Speaking of...


That's the headline that greeted me yesterday while I browsed the Drudge Report looking for the latest gossip on Hillary's campaign team shakeup and airline delays. Of course, seeing that headline made me click on the link, which resulted in this photo:


Instead of hunting, this time the Veep went a fishin', and this time instead of hunting defenseless prey like birds, deer, or Iraqis, apparently he was on... well let's just for the sake of memorability, rhyme scheme, and avoidance of vulgarity... a cunt hunt. As a point of reference, I believe that is the first time I've ever used the C word on this space. New frontiers are broken every day.

Bloggers everywhere were a twitter -- was the Vice President on a fishing trip with a naked woman? Was he using her as bait? What is her phone number?

While I would love nothing more than for Dick Cheney to be brought down by a frankly bizarre sex scandal, I find it highly unlikely that the White House would allow the Vice President to be photograph anywhere a naked woman. Cheney's spokesman backed up that premise by saying, and I'm not making this quote up, "Clearly the picture shows a hand casting a rod."

I could retire right now from blogging and never come up with a line that was funnier than that. Teams of comedians could have huddled around computers, using thesauruses and reference books and could not have outfunnied that. Frankly, I'm jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home