Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wha' happen?

The big news story in Washington this week, aside from Hillary Clinton casually mentioning political assassinations, is good old Lyin' Scotty McClellan showing his sweaty face again, pushing his new book:


Usually I don't quote myself, but in this case I will refer to my comments in November of 2007 when news of McClellan's conversion to truthtelling first went public:

"..Hey, Scott? Go fuck yourself.

I pray to God that this doesn't wipe away your conscience, that in 20 years you're awake at night in your three million dollar house, trying to shake the feeling that "Hey, maybe I helped facilitate treason and sustain a war by shielding genuinely immoral men from justice". So I urge all 10 of my readers to destroy every copy of Scott McClellan's book, "No, I'm going to have to lie here, too, Helen". Do not allow him to gain salvation with your money..."

I have no problem with political conversions. I have gone from pro-choice to pro-life to pro-choice, from anti Iraq War to pro Iraq War to anti Iraq War, from Barack to Hillary to Barack, etc... As a child and a college student, I felt so strongly about the positions that I took that I found it relatively impossible to understand where the other side was coming from, I think as time has gone on and my own opinions have changed, I've begun to realize that there are indeed countering opinions.

But lying to the American public for 3 years, suddenlty "truthing" and then expecting the public to buy your book, suddenly accept your words as gospel, and be forgiven? Hmmm.... what are the word I'm looking for...

Go fuck yourself, Scott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home