Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The reason for fighting, I never got straight

From my alma mater's school paper:

University police are investigating an allegation of assault regarding an Aramark employee accused of pushing a student in one of the campus dining halls on Nov. 29, according to Director of Public Safety Ed Callahan.

Callahan said he could neither confirm nor deny any names of those involved in the incident. But Benjamin Powers '06 said he filed the allegation of assault against an Aramark employee whose identity the Justice could not verify.

Powers said he was waiting at the Boulevard dining hall in Usdan for two sandwiches he had ordered at about 2:30 p.m., when the employee approached him because he was not wearing footwear.

According to Powers, the employee told the person who had made the sandwiches not to serve them to him. Powers said he then decided to go behind the counter and take one of the sandwiches, at which point the alleged assault began.

"I tried to get the sandwiches and [the employee] started hitting my shoulders and pushing me, and grabbing me to try to stop me from getting my food," Powers said.

Powers said after he shoved one of his sandwiches in his mouth, he gave his university identity card to a friend, who in turn gave it to another one of his friends to pay for the food at the register. Powers said he left the Boulevard at this point.....

....Powers says he does not wear shoes because of health, political and religious reasons.

"There are so many reasons why I shouldn't wear them, and so few reasons why I would," Powers said.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home