Monday, December 05, 2005

Mrs. Robinson

At what point it is ok to be attracted to Maureen Dowd? She was on The Colbert Repore last night, and I'm pretty sure she was giving Colbert a footjob underneath the desk. Jesus, I have seen strippers coyer than Maureen Dowd. Every television appearance of hers has the potential of turning into an orgy, including one several months back on Meet the Press with Tim Russert and guest Bill Safire. See how long it takes to get that image out of your head.

Now, I haven't read Dowd's book because I am illiterate, but I have had my guide dog read me a couple reviews and excerpts. One of her main theses (thesises?) (fuck it) is that men, on the whole, remain attracted to vapid women and that the smart women are left alone in life to write about how men, on the whole, remain attracted to vapid women and also how Bush lied. This is ridiculous. Anectdotes do not a truism make. There are men out there who are looking for women who are not intellectually stimulating, challenging, or curious, just like there are women out there who are looking for men who drive a car with nice rims. Now I love stereotypes as much as the next racist, but they have to be funny and they have to be true. Granted, I'm a nerd, by nearly every man I know wants an equal, not a subservient, wife, and nearly all the women I've ever been attracted to have been at least as smart if not smarter than me. Probably leaning a little more toward the smarter than me.

This is part of my big problem with Dowd, which has exhibited itself in her columns and public appearances, as well as on nearly every television show with a female host. Apparently, men are stupid. We think solely with our penises , we're forgetful, we're lazy, we're selfish, and apparently, all of that is ok to not only joke about with three other obnoxious women around a table, but ok to pronounce as fact. Now I understand Dowd's incessant use of overstatement and exaggeration, but her point is clear; men are useless. Great.

Oh by the way, women are emotional, and can't do complex mathematics. They're insufferable 5 days out of every month. They are obsessive, anal retentive, two faced, and cruel. They should only be used by men for sexual intercourse. Don't be offended, this is all part of the new book, "I hate women but it's ok, I write for the New York Times" by Thomas Friedman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have gotten past my discomfort with how sexy she is. An older woman, yes. A rancid syphiliitic personality with no respect for men, certainly. Terribly irresponsible journalist, that too. But she's sexy as hell.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home