Wednesday, July 12, 2006

You'd know what a drag it is to see you


Big week in horrifying tragedy for the New York Post! So many opportunities for their witty and laugh inducing headlines -- you've got the guy on the Subway with twin power saws and you've got the guy blowing up his own house so he doesn't have to sell it and give half of the money to his wife. Get that team of writers churning out puns!

I do take issue with this cover story though: You couldn't come up with a more topical movie reference? Really? Honey, I Blew up the Kid? And that sequel was so derivative anyway, the special effects were bad, the hot sister was barely featured... Where was I?

At any rate, not withstanding the death and mayhem that normally lights up the covers of the Post, this week they reached a new level of hilarity, one that I thought could never be reached:


The Hasidic cop headlines that didn’t make the cut:
- Lox and Robbers
- Book ‘em, Shlomo
- Law and Reorder (In fact, I don’t even want it anymore… I’ll have the tuna salad)

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith Carbone said...

The tuna salad thing might the funniest thing I have ever heard.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home