Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday News Roundup

- Senator Joe "I was not on the television series ALF" Lieberman will be facing off against Connecticut businessman Ned "My name is Ned" Lamont in the Democratic primary on Tuesday, bringing to an end (for now) one of the strangest primary fights in a while. Expect bloggers all around the world to be typing frantically until Wednesday, when productivity will return at IT support centers, Star Trek conventions, and unemployment lines across the United States. More on this election on Monday.

- A heat wave continued to strike the United States, where weathermen everywhere are chomping at the bit to capture video of overly hot people adjusting their crotches. Meanwhile, I have been sweating like... well I don't even have a moderately funny metaphor to insert here, so I'll just say I've been sweating a lot. My air conditioner has a fantastic quirk: It doesn't cool off my room until around 3:45 in the morning, when I wake up shivering and naked and have to find my blanket which I had thrown across my room at 11:15 when it was 95 degrees. Excellent.

- Meanwhile, in Israel, bad things continue to happen. Iranian President Mahmoud "Is my name really that hard to pronounce" Ahmadinejad postulated that the only way to achieve piece in the region is to destroy Israel. I'm sorry, I was confusing him with Mel Gibson.

- And finally, in a story I had read about several months ago, a New Hampshire court dismissed a complaint against a doctor who had been accused of insulting his patients. The money quote:

The complaints included charges that Bennett humiliated a white woman by telling her she was so obese she might only be attractive to black men. A 2001 complaint accused Bennett of telling a woman recovering from brain surgery to buy a pistol and shoot herself to end her suffering.

And I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home