Thursday, October 19, 2006

One step up

I apologize for the recent slew of Mets related posts. If there is a World Series berth, I won't say there won't be any more, but they will decrease as my nervousness level right now is somewhere between Bush on 9/11 and a guy whose condom just broke with a prostitute. My stomach is doing things I didn't think it was capable of. And I'm about to make it worse by traveling to New York tonight, for about 18 hours, to go to Shea Stadium and watch Game 7. Oh boy.

Huge game last night by John "The Main Man" Maine, and predictable frightening performance by Billy "Uh Oh" Wagner, who continues to drive me closer and closer to an extremely premature heart attack. It was good to see some balance in the production, as well, with Reyes, LoDuca, and Green getting it done and Delgado and Beltran able to relax a bit. But what the eff is up with David Wright?

The Mets haven't played a Game 7 since the 1986 series, which of course they won. And they were down in that game until Ray Knight came through with a homerun and further cemented his name in Mets lore. I will be in Section 21 of the Mezzanine tonight, the familiar level where I watched Todd Pratt beat the Diamondbacks and Benny Agbayani beat the Giants. And tonight, I will be there to watch Wright and Reyes and Delgado and Beltran write the next chapter in team history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home