Thursday, October 12, 2006

From outerspace

That's right folks, I have returned from the Foggy Dew. And I was already to do a, "Holy hell, look what I missed when I was away in Europe" post, and then, during my first day of work back yesterday, Cory Lidle crashes a plane into a building in New York. I suppose my Mark Foley jokes are going to have to wait until tomorrow.

The "What are the odds" conversations have been repeated already ad nauseum, but seriously, what are the odds? I had three messages from a friend, the first one being, "Plane hit a building in New York", the second, "It was Cory Lidle's plane!", the third, "Cory Lidle was flying the plane! Cory Lidle is dead! Cory Lidle is dead in the plane!" Just an incredible story; one of the most amazing that I can remember. A disgruntled Yankee, fresh off an embarrassing team loss and flapping off at the gums, crashes his plane into an apartment building in Manhattan and makes everyone get really scared for about 5 minutes.

The strangest part of it all is the back story; Lidle recently was featured in a Times article where he talked about how safe flying is and how there is a parachute in the plane to prevent accidents. I guess "flying into a building" doesn't really have too many safety precautions, eh?

Tune in tomorrow, where I will bask in the glow of a Mets victory, and tell stories of my travels and of the enormous news stories I missed while getting drunk in Scotland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home