Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's not a house it's a home

"My friends, the only reason I don't remember how many houses I own is that
I purchased several of them in the 1830's"


John McCain (R-ich and famous, lifestyles of) did not have his best day on the campaign trail this week, responding to a reporter's question asking him how many houses he owned by saying, "I think -- I'll have my staff get to you" which, roughly translated, means "I own a lot of houses"

You would think the media would have some fun with this, Obama's campaign would get a few barbs in, and that would be that. Instead, it led most news reports, Obama made a commercial, and then McCain hit back hard bringing up Obama's relations with Tony Rezko. For Obama, the smart thing to do here would either be to step back and let the story die or to hit back even harder with some Keating Five ads, but we're talking about a Democrat here so he'll probably bitch and moan about it for a day and then pick Evan Bayh as his VP.

So this fun news story will lead right into Obama picking the blandest possible candidate for Vice President and then the convention starts next week where Hillary Clinton will spend 30 minutes begging for donations, Barack Obama will once again try to redefine oratory, and Bill Clinton will be looking for Rielle Hunter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home