Thursday, November 02, 2006

Distraction

Five days out of the election now, and while most mainstream pundits have refocused on the actual races and polls that show Dems taking the House and within range of the Senate, Matt Drudge fills his site for the last two days with stories about John Kerry's butchering of a relatively unfunny joke and this actually funny response from some soldiers in Iraq:


You know what would have been a funnier banner? "Help us President Bush -- I don't have any body armor, my family is being harassed by debt collectors, my best friend was shot by a sniper last week, and I haven't met my daughter yet because my tour got extended by a year". I guess that would require a big banner.

This provides a perfect distraction for the Republicans; they can talk about the lack of respect for the military and "drudge" back up issues from the 2004 election -- for example how much of a numbskull John Kerry continues to be. Kerry diffused this the best way he could, which was to fight back and then disappear. Sounds like a good tactic if he runs for President again. Or just the disappear part.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring it on!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home